Just because it’s fun. And because a mom needs a record of such things!
1. “I’m going to marry David Archuletta and we won’t talk – we’ll just sing to each other.”
2. “If Santa doesn’t bring Pringles, Christmas will be ruined!”
3. “Unbelievable. It’s unbelievable that you could be that piggy. You’re just like Dudley.”
4. “Paige, put your dishes in the dishwasher. (sigh…) She has so much to work on. She’s going to be a terrible mother if she keeps this up.”
5. “I need a good pen! A good pen defines a person!”
6. “I want a goat. It’s good for the environment. I will name her Arabella. And I will toilet train her. Mom, will you take care of her when I go off to college?” (no.)
7. “We all know we can go a year without tater-tots…buy why?” (after mom’s decree)
8. “Do you know how much crap I get for having to ask my parents to use my phone?”
9. “Mommy, I want to tell you something and I don’t want you to ever forget it: you are the best mommy in the whole wide world.” (favorite child status)
10. “You know, for a child who bore four children you have surprisingly small hips.”
The Professor did not contribute to this round as I have not seen the Professor in a great while. We think he still lives here. Occasionally there is a sighting and we wave to one another.
There he is! Hello, Professor! You’re looking mighty cute with that beard and stern expression on your face. This is the season of the winter widow, where the man is on the road and on the court coaching boys to jump high and shoot big. We are proud of the man. And his boys (they are AWESOME.)
So thank you, darlings, for providing me such entertainment. More real quotes here.