A recap of life out here in the sticks…there should be more cow photos. Next time?
1. I don’t know why I think texting with darling daughter is so hilarious. A recent exchange when she went to Harvard with her dad for an “entrepreneurship field trip:”
2. I met Tita, of Lemonade International out of Guatemala. This woman is my hero, a humble, modern-day Mother Theresa, working in the slums, where children grow up in dumps. She didn’t mean to start a school or change the world…”I just walked hand in hand with Jesus and He made it happen.”
3. Summer soccer got kicked off with a night game. Ohhhh…I can’t stay away.
3a. I should stay away…can’t stay away…
4. Wait. Wasn’t this “Best of May”? Why is there an old diaper buried in my garden bed? (bad doggie!)
5. Anatomy & Physiology. We always think “studying outside” is a good idea until the wind blows away our books and the weather is way too nice to focus. Nice try.
6. Bike to School Day! I’m cherishing these moments. Our friend Gail said, “Oh, I used to love biking with my children and now they are all grown up and moved away…”
7. We found a Snapper. Do you know they are meat eaters and carry a heavy fine for keeping?
8. Warning: 40-year-old women should think twice before attempting this acrobatic move
9. 8th-grade NYC field trip fundraising breakfast. Aren’t they cute?
10. A girl and her dog
11. The tulips burst open, followed by the crab apple tree, poppies and rhododendrons. And just as quickly they are gone…
12. Forgive the Instagram repeats, but this was a best of May…
13. Mother’s Day
14. Best in-laws ever
16. My good friend, Eric and wife, Heide, came to my class to talk about Eric’s diaphragm pacemaking system. ALS stinks. But medical advances are incredible.
17. A best of May: walks in the woods with Eric
18. Tomatoes grown from seed are now in the ground!
19. Whoever said money doesn’t buy happiness never bought their child an iPod. Kidding, kidding! (kind of)
20. My boy went to the state track meet for the mile and ran a smokin’ fast 5:38! #bragging
21. We’re having some serious beaver troubles…this is the least of it. Advice?
22. I love this:
23. Cope in Fiddler on the Roof! Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match…is forever seared in my brain…it was an awesome production.
24. And…we all ran in a 5k!
And we continue to run and run and run….right into summer! Tell me, how was your May?