For the Love of Fall. And Soccer.

With all six family members involved in soccer this fall, it was a bit.insane.and wonderful.  There is nothing like being out on the soccer field late afternoon with the sun hitting your face, leaves falling, balls hitting your face…no really, it’s grand.
This year I coached my son’s co-ed 7th and 8th grade team of 30 kids: 6 girls, 24 boys.  We practiced everyday after school.  And did a lot of push-ups.  I feel very badly that this is the only picture I took.  Not one picture of my boy playing soccer. And this isn’t even his shoe. Oh dear.  I was so busy on the sideline that I never pulled out the camera.  Now the memory of boy on field is lost forever…except in my mind. Which is you know, iffy.

Next year I shall be better. They can handle their own substitutions.

We’ll get back to soccer.  But first let’s talk about apple pie.  Shall we?

And webs. I discovered Charlotte in her web one morning.  I had to stop the car and pull over and take pictures while the tractors drove around me.  Wow, huh? Actually, I couldn’t even find Charlotte, but didn’t she do good work?

Different editing for different looks.

Our spooky road in morning fog.  It brought the headless horseman to mind.

Back to the web.

Just one more. I was so impressed at such intricate detail.  Tell me, how does a spider do that? I’m fascinated.

More fog.

I love how the light hit the fog and this white birch tree.

And we interrupt spider webs and foggy Fall mornings for more soccer.  Here’s my girl playing high school soccer.  I might just weep after writing that.  Right away she pulled her hamstring (and mom said absolutely nothing about summer conditioning. ha.) and after two agonizing weeks of sitting the bench she was back in action.

Up for the ball and off it goes, four girls suspended in air…

See the goalie with the ball?  It’s best not to get in a goalie’s way. Run!

Then there was this girl.  My Braveheart. There were not enough girls to make a full team so it became co-ed.  In the end, I think it was very good for her.

I’m here! Pass!

Listen, Buster.  You’re not takin’ the ball from me!

Love this one.  Fly!

After an early Saturday morning run, before all the soccer began, I grabbed my camera, and went up the hill. I had to get these New England shots. The white houses and red barn doors.

The morning light was so gorgeous.

Country roads, take me home

To the place where I belong

Paige was the only one who would leave the warm house on an early Saturday morning and get in the cold car with her Mama. She said, “You love me most of all, don’t you, Mama?  Because I came with you.”

I follow Coach around like the paparazzi.  He sure does love it.  So does Jon.  Jon teaches Mandarin to my daughter.  Ni hao.

Coach talks, boys flash thumbs-up sign. We got you, Coach!

This one played soccer, kind of.  But her favorite part was the water pump she could stick her tongue under during breaks.  And her socks.  She liked her stripes. She spent most of soccer being upset that people who were supposed to be her friend took the ball away or kicked the ball at her stomach.  How rude! Ah, it’s a hard way to live.

The last Fall harvest. I actually grew carrots and pumpkins!  And the chickens are laying eggs.  We have an overabundance of eggs.  Like, way too many.  I need recipes. Raise your hand if you want eggs.  I’m serious.

iphone pictures.  I love having a phone that captures the small and wonderful daily moments.  Instagram posting is just way too fun.

This is the only other picture I captured of my team.  We went on a lot of bus rides together.  Dare I say I miss it?

My assistant and I talked strategy the whole way there and back.

Alas, soccer has ended except for the high school teams.  We are a bit sad. My afternoons are vastly different.

There she goes!  Into that pack of boys.  Girls, remember, we are all athletes.

Happy Fall!

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestShare

9 thoughts on “For the Love of Fall. And Soccer.

1. kimmalee

BEAUTIFUL pictures of the beautiful place you live…and also of your beautiful children. Good gracious. Glad you’ve had a good fall thus far. Looks lovely and busy. Wanna ship some a those eggs to Denver?

2. Julia Tomiak

Fantastic photos! Going to go follow you on Instagram now. 😉 We’ve got a few more weeks of soccer here- truly a wonderful sport. I coach U7s, but all my boys play. We drive an hour to get to practice, that’s how fanatic we are. That gives us lots of time to appreciate fall foliage!

1. Madge

I want to thank you for all the hard work you did in hopes of helping our country. Praying your family will have time to rest and recover from their efforts. God is faithful, I apeticpare the kind, gentle way you and Mitt campaigned and for taking the high road. Regardless of whether you won or not, you showed you are truly capable of being a first class first lady and Mitt a very good president. Just praying our country will see what it’s real need is.

3. .....Elizabeth..... Polka Dot Skies

Hi sweet friend! I must say, I know that mothering is challenging and sometimes the rewards are few and far between and life can be full of sticky messes and piles of laundry, but you do this mothering thing so well! I love this little glimpse into your busy life!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

For the Love of Fall. And Soccer.

Next year I shall be better. They can handle their own substitutions.

We’ll get back to soccer.  But first let’s talk about apple pie.  Shall we?

Different editing for different looks.

Our spooky road in morning fog.  It brought the headless horseman to mind.

Back to the web.

More fog.

I love how the light hit the fog and this white birch tree.

Up for the ball and off it goes, four girls suspended in air…

See the goalie with the ball?  It’s best not to get in a goalie’s way. Run!

I’m here! Pass!

Listen, Buster.  You’re not takin’ the ball from me!

Love this one.  Fly!

The morning light was so gorgeous.

Country roads, take me home

To the place where I belong

Coach talks, boys flash thumbs-up sign. We got you, Coach!

My assistant and I talked strategy the whole way there and back.

There she goes!  Into that pack of boys.  Girls, remember, we are all athletes.

Happy Fall!

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestShare

9 thoughts on “For the Love of Fall. And Soccer.

1. kimmalee