33 reasons to love Ernie:
1. We got to have a baby we could dress up in tutus, bribe, and blame for throwing rocks at Jeff
2. You sing Neil Diamond with your sisters-in-law
|3. Because of you we all got to quit piano early|
|4. You’ve never tried to suppress that inner two-year-old|
5. You carry some heavy loads with grace
6. And have a surprising smattering of gray hairs
9. Everyone laughs when you come into the room. In a good way.
10. Taught us how to wear mom down when she said No.
11. You used to come visit us
12. You’ve always let Gregor know he’s your favorite
13. You can still belch the ABCs
14. You made us want to believe in The Hoff too
15. You’re uber-competitive
16. You’re a graceful loser
17. You always knew just how to tick Peter off
|18. You’ve never let Patrick feel like he’s “all that”|
19. We had to move from our childhood home after all the pee you put down the air vents. Luckily, it was a better house.
20. You rock the “metro man” title
21. You inspired little buddy in all sorts of ways
22. You let him shoot a beebee in your leg
23. You loosen The Professor up
24. Your patriotism is unmatched
25. You managed to get that beautiful Cassie to marry you and stay with you
26. Your Husker pride makes all us cornfed folk proud. Even though you didn’t let Gregor crash your Husker party this fall.
27. You bring out the cheerleader in all of us
28. We’ve never known anyone who loves to be a bigger dork. And that’s said with the most affection.
|29. The children you torture can’t seem to get enough|
30. Doesn’t this just say it all?
31. What we meant was, doesn’t this say it all?
32. We hear you even go to an office and practice law. But that might just be a rumor.
33. There’s a little boy who wants to be just like you. And a baby girl who is going to call you Daddy this month.