1. Happy Earth Day! It’s finally warm enough to run outdoors in shorts!
2. New Hampshire weather keeps us on our toes! It’s 70 degrees one day and freezing the next. Look at these stoic daffodils:
3. But even the frost can’t keep spring away…
4. It’s the month of speeches! Eldest stays up late into the night to write a speech as she runs for school leader…
5. And Brynne and Paige recite poetry on stage. Here Brynne recites, “The Highwayman.” A macabre family favorite. Happy Poetry Month!
6. Let’s go back to the good earth. I’m obsessed with these sweet mini peppers. Best snack ever. And breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
7. In other news, the boy doesn’t like my clothing selections. “No, I will not wear this to formal, Mom.” But why, aren’t you still, like, five?
8. We finally dyed our Easter eggs. It’s still fun in April…
9. It’s rare for a child to run after me, begging me not to go. I’m prone to spoil children for their devotion.
10. As I was eavesdropping on two girls purging their room, I heard, “Paige, you can’t keep it! DOES IT SPARK JOY???” Yes, Marie and her Tidying Book has rubbed off on us all..
11. Seeing The Professor use his brand new pole saw (after years of the wife nagging,) made me swoon. My, how romances changes in a marriage.
12. Bonfires! But only with permits and discretion: it’s fire season.
Happy weekend…and to all your glorious ordinary days!
p.s. This post is dedicated to Prince, a childhood favorite.
We are gathered here today
To get through this thing called life
Electric word life
It means forever and that’s a mighty long time
But I’m here to tell you
There’s something else
The after world
A world of never ending happiness
You can always see the sun, day or night…”