I didn’t come up with the idea, but here’s what we’re doing for Christmas this year:
I could have sworn I saw this idea on Momastery.com, but for the love of peanut butter I can’t find it idea anywhere! I suspect brain malfunction. In A&P this is exactly what we’re studying. I’m becoming suspicious of my actual sanity.
Anyway, let’s get back to Christmas!
The simple guide above has brought my stress level back to the state of a somewhat normal mother (is that even a thing?) I’m as calm as the summer sun, which is amazingly refreshing given it’s barely 30 degrees outside.
I think this list has been fun for the kids too as they carefully plot out what they really, really want instead of bringing me a ginormous Christmas list that stretches from here to Nebraska.
Also: we had to break down and buy a minivan – Merry Christmas, kids!
Some Maisymak ideas…
One thing you want
1. Give the gift of health: A Runner’s Gift Guide
2. A Vitamix. Splurge for your health. Use this FREE SHIPPING CODE: 06-008623 (SAVE $25US/$35CN)
3. Paige wants a hair-curling Barbie. I’m still working on that.
One thing the world needs
1. Give the kids $20. Tell them they can spend it any way they want as long as it’s for someone else. A charity, a pair of shoes, a neighbor gift, pay for someone’s gas or groceries, toys for tots…
2. It doesn’t have to mean money. The world needs quiet service.
4. Multiply Goodness. 24 Days of Doing Good. I love this.
5. Lisa shares a list any busy family can do!
6. Sponsor a child – Compassion International is a legit organization
7. Children need water! Freedom in Creation can help.
8. Lemonade International! “I can sit at the edge of La Limonada…and all I smell is hope.” -Tita Evertsz. I’m going to meet Tita someday!
Great books for you and your friendlies:
Great Books for Tweens and Teens
*Cope is English monarchy obsessed. So sorry if you don’t relate.
Great Books for Kiddies