1. First, the weather is MAGNIFICENT. The red maples are popping a bright cherry red. Oh, it makes me so happy.
2. Chickens. For the last week, Ms. Hairylegs has escaped from her nicely fenced yard and house, maintained by yours truly, to wander the great outdoors. Since Brynne has to go to that thing called school, she is not here to chase and capture escaped Ms. Hairylegs. So. Everyday, I have to chase, capture and plop her flapping self over the fence. When I’m not looking she promptly flies back over.
3. I might just teach her a lesson and let her be. Why should I enable her naughtiness? But I fear she will get eaten by a fox. Why can’t she just conform like the other chickens and stay IN?
4. Ten minutes ago, after chasing, corralling, and capturing Ms. Hairylegs, I promptly fell through the chicken coop floor TWICE, leaving a large gaping hole in the middle of the coop.
5. I managed to cover the hole with a large piece of plywood. And nobody saw me accomplish this great feat except Ms. Hairylegs who was not sufficiently impressed.
6. This picture was taken only 4 years ago. We are light years away from the moment and it makes me sad 🙁 Especially since Brynne isn’t here to capture naughty chickens.
7. Husband attended the Clinton Global Initiative last night and took the 2:40 a.m. train out of NYC. Ew. Highlights included Obama making an appearance and a social entrepreneur fainting on stage from all the pressure! With a 1,000,000 prize on the line, I may have fainted to. Husband did not come home with a million dollars. I’m not sure how I feel about that.
8. I want this planner. Bad. Can I really justify the price? But I want it. And I’ll never be unorganized again, right?
9. I’m running in two new pair of shoes. I love ’em and can’t wait to give you some running shoe recommendations.
10. This weekend is the Special Olympics run/ride in our very own hometown. If you’re local, sign up and run with me!
11. Totally random, but have you heard Johnny Cash sing ONE? Combining two of my favorite songwriters/voices of all time. Awesome.
12. In A&P we are studying skin so yesterday I waxed poetic about my sweet baby Cope turning orange from me feeding her too much baby food containing carotene.
Really, there is nothing “ordinary” about these days.