|Be happy. Run like Buddy.|
7. Reflective Running Jacket. Or a reflective vest goes for about $15.
8. Runner’s Arm Sleeves. Buddy, I am seriously dying for a pair of these. No, that was not a subtle hint. There are so many colors to choose from!
9. Headlamp. You know, for those 5 a.m. runs.
10. Runner’s World Gift Certificate
11. Cookbook. I don’t have this. But doesn’t it look great?
12. Cliff Bars.
13. Gift card for running shoes
14. Neck Warmer. Starting in November, I wear my neck/face warmer everyday until about mid-March. You can buy one for about $10 or cut and sew a piece of fleece together. Works much better than wrapping your face with a scarf.
15. Itunes gift card for the ipod or make your runner a personal CD to upload to their ipod.
17. Shop the sales racks at Nike outlet right now – all the shorts are marked way down. Your runner (or you) will be more motivated to go out this spring with a spunky pair of shorts waiting for her/him.
18. Pedicure. Your runner needs foot love.
19. Pay for a race. One Christmas my dad paid for me to run the New Hampshire trail’s series – 6 races in 5 months. It was one of the best presents I ever received.
And, perhaps, you will need to forward this post to your own Buddy elf, or stuff a few of these items into your own stocking this year (sometimes we have to help ourselves out, right?)
There a lot of new apps and gadgets out there that I haven’t used yet. What’s your favorite running gift? Let me know and we’ll add it to the list!